- Open Chrome
- In the upper-right corner of the window Click ⋮. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click More tools.
- In the pop-out menu, click Clear browsing data.
- This will open the Browsing Data window. Click the Basic tab. Or the Advanced tabto clear Chrome’s website settings cache.
- Click the Time rangedrop-down box to select the period of time to clear cached information.
- To clear the cached files only, check the Cached images and files To clear Chrome’s website settings cache, check the “Cookies and other site data” box as well.
Click CLEAR DATA to prompt Chrome to delete your cached files and images from your computer and browser.
How to clear cache on Firefox manually:
- Open Firefox on your Mac or PC.
- Click the menu button in the upper right hand corner of the browser. This appears as three lines.
- Click Preferenceswhich is located next to a gear symbol.
- Click on the Privacy & Securitytab on the left hand side.
- Scroll down until you see the Cookies and Site Datasection.
- Click Clear Data.
- Check the box next to Cached Web Content.
- Click Clearto clear your cache manually.
How to clear cache on Firefox automatically:
- After repeat step one to four from above, scroll down until you see the Historysection. This is found just below the Cookies and Site Datasection.
- Click on the dropdown menu next to Firefox will. Change the default option of Remember historyto Use custom settings for history.
- A list of options will appear. Check the box next to Clear history when Firefox closes.
- Click the Settings…button next to this option.
- Check the box next to Cache.
- Click OKto exit and save your changes.
- Click on the Safaridrop-down menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Developmenu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences
- Select the Developdrop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
- Note: You may want to also clear your browser history. Select the Historydrop-down, then Clear History.
INTERNET EXPLORER 10 & 11
- Click on the Toolsdrop-down menu.
- Select Delete Browsing Historyfrom the Safety side-menu.
- In the window that opens, check the Temporary Internet Filesand History checkbox and then click Delete. You may also want to check the Cookies and website data box, but it is not required.
Note: If the Preserve Favorites website data box is checked, Internet Explorer will keep the cache for bookmarked websites intact. To clear all of the cache be sure to have this box unchecked.
- Click the Staricon then select History.
- Click the Clear History link.
- Select appropriate categories and click the Clear
* Please note: OIT Suggests selecting Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, and Cached data and files to clear your cookies/cache sufficiently.
- This may take a few moments. When finished, Edge will display an All Clear message. Click the Staricon again to close the History